PERSISTENCE IN PRAYER
Luke 18:2-8 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
1. Have you ever "prayed a prayer of importunity" in your Christian walk? (Importunity is persistent praying until the answer comes)
2. If yes, please list below what the petition was and the answer received.
3. How long did it take you to receive this answer to prayer?
Few Weeks 6 Months 1 Year Over 1 Year Other (Please describe)
4. While praying, for this did you ever experience feelings of intensity or great urgency? Please describe?
5. What did you learn from your prayer of importunity?